History of the Museum
1. The Main Steps of the Museum Activity
2.History of the scientific research
3.History of the educational activity
conferences and seminars
participation in the exhibitions
scientific works, articles
-- collecting monuments of culture and history
The educational activity
participation in festivals, competitions, exhibitions
Brief Chronicle of the Main Events (page 1)
1918 – 1925. The work of the Commission on preservation of the historical and artistic treasures of the Trinity-St. Sergius Lavra
- reception, inventory, research and determination of the artistic value of the Lavra treasures;|
- investigation, registration and protection of the monuments of culture in the town and in the attaching district;
- organization of the restoration of painting, embroidery, architecture
April 20, 1920 – Decree of the CPC” On turning the historical and artistic treasures of the Trinity-St. Sergius Lavra into a museum”
1920 – 1929 – The Sergiev History and Art Museum was subordinated to the RSFSR Narkompros (Glavnauka administration, department on the problems of museums and preservation of the monuments).
The exposition presented a complex of the displays.
The Museum included the following sections:
I. Ancient Depository.
II. History and Art Department with exhibitions:
1. Applied Art of the 14th – 15th cc.
2. Old Russian Books
3. Old Russian painting with an icon-painting workshop
4. Embroidery and Textiles
5. Iconography of the Trinity-St. Sergius Lavra
7. The Trinity and Assumption Cathedrals
III. Department of History and Everyday Life with exhibitions:
1. The Tsar Palace (tsar everyday life)
2. Metropolitan Chambers (everyday life of higher clergy)
3. Bethany Branch (Metropolitan Filaret chambers and the Church of Transfiguration)
4. Gethsemane Branch (Metropolitan Filaret chambers and the Church from the village of Podsosenye)
1929. Reorganization of the Museum in the Sergiev (since 1930 – Zagorsk) State History and Art , Everyday Life and Anti-Religious Museum. The Gethsemane and Bethany Branches were closed. History and Revolution and Anti-Religious Departments were opened. In connection with the reorganization some unique items from the former Lavra collection passed to other museums.
1929 – 1939. The Museum was in charge of the region MONO (a museum department) and Department on affairs of arts at the MOSCOW REGION EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE.
1930. The Museum included the collections of the Local History Museum presenting local toys, woodcarving, lacquer painting and starting to form collections of Russian folk art and artistic handicrafts.
1930. The Museum acquired a large collection of Professor A.A. Aleksandrov including painting, drawing, porcelain, and glass of the XVII - XIX centuries.
1939. The Scientific Council of the Museum was founded.
1939. Is approved the General plan of restoration works till 1943 with the estimate of 6 million roubles was adopted.